|Free Security Review, Call:|
ADT Toronto Home Security Systems Ontario ADT Home Alarm System Monitoring
Are you prepared against burglary,intrusion or fire?
In addition to your ADT monitored home security system, take these easy steps to protect your home and family from burglary, fire and intrusion. For even greater detail on security and fire safety, extended vacation tips, and how-to steps on protecting your valuables, order our FREE report, "Triple Your Home or Office Security in Just One Hour" ¬? you'll see the order form in the right column of this page.
Increase Home Safety and Security
- Keep your doors locked when you're at home, particularly when you're alone.
- Install quality locks on your doors and windows. We recommend 1-inch deadbolt locks on all exterior doors.
- For sliding doors, deter burglars by setting a pipe or broom handle in the middle bottom track of the door slide. The pipe or handle should be the same length as the track
- The movie, "Home Alone" had it right. If you're out of the house for an extended period of time, create the illusion that someone may still be at home. Leave a TV or stereo on in the room where a burglar would most likely break in. (this deters burglars in hotel rooms as well.)
- If you get an unexpected knock at the door, check to see who it is before opening the door.
- Don't leave extra keys under doormats, potted plants or any other obvious outdoor location. Thieves know exactly where to look. Find an inconspicuous place to hide the keys or ¬? even better ¬? give a set to a neighbor you can trust.
- Keep your garage doors closed at all times.
- There's no need to advertise the items in your home. Keep your drapes and blinds closed in the evening.
- Get in the habit of doing a "60-Second Round-Up" when leaving your home. Check that all your doors and windows are locked, that candles and fires are out completely and that any stand-up heating devices are unplugged.
- Don't leave notes on the door for service people or family members. These alert the burglar that you are not home.
- In apartments or condominiums where residents are less likely to know each other, be sure to take a second look at someone carrying a TV or other unpacked devices. You'd be surprised how many burglars use these simple tactics.
- Ensure that your street address is visibly posted so that emergency personnel can identify your home.
Protect Your Home from Fire With These Key Fire Safety Tips
- Never leave candles or other open flames burning unattended. Get in the habit of doing a "60-Second Round-Up" when leaving your home. Check that all your doors and windows are locked, that candles and fires are out completely and that any stand-up heating devices are unplugged.
- Douse cigarette and cigar butts with water before dumping them in the trash.
- Don't leave hot irons, or burning stovetops and outdoor grills unattended while in use. Double-check that you've turned them off after use.
- Store firewood and other combustibles away from your home.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home. Test them monthly and replace their batteries each year.
- Don't have deadbolts that lock with an inside key. You need to get out fast if a fire starts.
- Even if you're in a high crime area, don't ever nail your windows shut or rely on outside window bars that cannot be easily opened from the inside.
- Make a fire escape plan for your family. Find two exits out of every room and choose a meeting place outside.
- Ensure that your street address is visibly posted so that firefighters can identify your home in the event of an emergency.
- Once Out, Stay Out. Never go back in to a burning structure.
Be sure to order our FREE report,
"Triple Your Home or Office Security in Just One Hour."
You'll see the order form in the right column of this page.
W/ ADT MONITORING
- Free Wireless Remote and Free
Fire and Medical Panic Alert
- Bonus Report, "Easy Steps to Increase Your Home's Security!"